What’s Dark Out There?©
By JO Moon
The answer to this question is ‘quite a lot!’
I don’t mean a dark colour or atmosphere, but rather dark or negative energy.
We really don’t know most of time how much everything around us is affecting us on a daily basis. The world is full dark things that usually we take for granted as part of everyday life.
If you walk into the average newsagent it will usually be full of poison and porn.
The poison comes in the form of tobacco, alcohol and junk or unhealthy food. The porn is in the magazines on the top shelf. The other shelves contain newspapers full of horrific, violent stories of war, attacks, poverty, injustice, accidents, abuse, murder and many other such negativity. I am not saying it is a bad thing to know these things but we need to be more acutely aware of the impact of negative energy around us because it can affect us on a cellular level.
I decided to change my mobile phone account to the ethical phone co-op rather than go in a newsagents every so often to ‘top up’. I didn’t feel comfortable to be in these shops and something really grated on my nerves. When I looked closely I realised why.
It is incredible to think what kind of negativity and dark energy is sold and generally around legally. We accept it as normal but should we?
Every time we pass by a butcher shop we see dead animals hung up who have been inhumanely slaughtered and brought up all their lives as prisoners. They are not loved and cared for as living beings who share the planet with us. On the contrary they are kept so they can be made into money and eaten. How barbaric is this? Turn it all around and imagine a butchers with human hearts, livers and kidneys and people casually going in and buying this meat for their evening meal. Unless we start seeing it within this context we will carry on creating negative karma for ourselves as a human race in our relationship to the animal kingdom.
We must see it this way: animals are not here on the planet to give us their dead bodies to eat. They are here to live amongst us in harmony with all of nature.
There are other scenes of negative energy in the urban environment. Trees, bushes and plant life are all hacked away with machinery without a thought to the life force of these living beings. There is no relationship or thought given to the act of chopping these plants down or back. Pruning may be necessary but when it is done in this machine driven aggressive way it is another example of where we separate ourselves from nature. We have disassociated from the spiritual aspect of all life forms.
Town is often full of noise and pollution in many different ways. Cars and other vehicles rush about jetting out fumes and carbon monoxide. People are rushed and often stressed. Cigarette smoke wafts in the air. Litter may be chucked onto the pavements.
When I walk into town I am aware of being bombarded by this continual noise, pollution and negative energy. Many of us are just used to it. We haven’t known any other way. We have come to accept this way of life.
How much are we affected by the level of negative energy that hits us on a daily basis?
I stayed in a wood for a week quite recently and literally felt the toxins leave my body and sink into the Earth. When I returned to my urban life I felt like a small rabbit laid bare to a threatening environment. I felt as if I was being shot with invisible daggers corrupting my peaceful energy derived from the wood.
Every time I walk in the countryside I become immediately aware of what I have been lacking. I am aware of the intense need to be in this calm and still world. Nature is not always calm and still but nature has a purity and a tranquillity that cannot easily be found or replicated in urban life. Dazzling lights on Christmas trees and in street displays cannot replace the stars at night or moonlight shimmering on the sea.
Nature is beauty whatever she presents to us. When I feel things are in turmoil or confused I spend time in nature and everything seems so still and quiet as if everything is just as it should be. In the town any chaos I feel internally only feels amplified.
With the over stimulation of town life adrenaline levels escalate, heart beats faster, my mind buzzes and I get side-tracked by what is in the shop windows and what signs flash at me every 5 minutes. Where all is green and brown in nature I feel safer and more at ease. I am away from urban negative energy. I feel the effects of it. I do not need to analyse where this negative energy comes from. It is simply obvious when I compare how I feel in a natural environment and how I feel in a town. The difference in experience is incomparable.
That’s why we need to protect ourselves energetically while in town and in general. Because we really don’t know what negative energy we are picking up on a daily basis. You may feel extremely tired, irritable, down-hearted or lack enthusiasm or clarity without knowing why. You may develop physical symptoms which could lead to something more serious.
Try walking in the countryside or connecting with nature in some way and feel the difference. Consciously absorb nature’s energy and ask for healing. She will give it to you. Nature also holds cosmic information which you will receive while in her company. You may receive more if you ask her specifically!
These are things you can do to protect yourself against negative energy:
- Invest in an electromagnetic stress protective pendant
- For your home install a Feng Shui Power Disc 99
- Protect yourself from mobile phone harmful rays with protective device
- For all of above see: http://thelife.ie/fengshuipowerdisc.php
- Ask God or Archangel Michael to protect you with a bubble of white light
- Ask Saint Germain to clear you of negativity with a shower in the violet flame and ask this flame to cleanse your home environment too. Visualize the violet flame.
- Buy protective crystals such as LEPIDOLITE for electromagnetic pollution which can be placed on a computer, or BROWN JASPER for counteracting toxicity and geopathic stress. Remember to cleanse them regularly by placing on the Earth under the full moon, in a bowl of purified, stream or sea water for about 24 hours or hold under running water.
- Cleanse yourself in nature. Go there regularly.
- Call on the White Brotherhood for help, guidance and healing (they are Ascended Masters and Archangels who go to whoever asks for their help. See www.ghaen.net)
- Pray, meditate, chant Sanskrit, do yoga, Tai-chi, Chi-gong or any other spiritual practice on a regular basis
- Create a sanctuary for yourself in your home environment. Use candles, Tibetan bells and gongs or whatever sacred instruments you feel drawn to. Whenever you light a candle make your intention known. Ask for protection.
- Archangel Michael is the angel of protection. Call on him whenever you need to.
- Be aware also of spending too much time on the Internet. There are a lot of subliminal messages that can reach us through this medium e.g. through advertising.
- Don’t live near mobile phone masts or pylons.
- Look into how Feng Shui techniques can help eliminate negative energy from your home.
- Sound is a good means of creating positive energy e.g. clapping, ringing a little hand bell, gongs, mantras, crystal bowls, drumming with intent.
- Do something that makes you feel good e.g. dancing, running, painting, writing, singing, playing, wandering, climbing, jumping, shaking, moving, yoga, flying a kite, seeing friends etc. As soon as you laugh, smile and feel joy inside you can more powerfully attract positivity towards you.
- Visualize the colour gold around you like a giant bubble and running through you. Gold is a powerful colour of protection.
- Visualize a golden pyramid around your whole being. This will protect you from others’ thought forms about you and your life. Other people’s thoughts can affect us more than we imagine.
- Buy and read Positive News (Its a UK newspaper which only contains positive news.
Please add your own ideas to this list and let me know what helps you re-gain balance in a difficult and sometimes stressful world!