By Jo Moon
This is a new concept but a much needed one. There are already transition towns based on the concept of certain people choosing to help create a more sustainable environment where they live. The idea I am proposing here is going a few steps further than this.
We live in a polluted world. We live under an umbrella of toxicity.
Our trees are even diminishing. The world and humanity is in desperate need of healing. The toxicity we live under is not just chemical but also emotional, spiritual and mental. There are negative thought forms, a spiritual disconnection and emotional turbulence. All this is not surprising considering the kind of unsympathetic world we live in.
The world is indeed in chaos: wars, famine; starvation in one part of the world and over-eating in another; unhealthy lifestyles and nutrition, dependence on legal and illegal drugs, alcohol and financial collapse. We have not learnt how to live in harmony with ourselves let alone with other life forms. We are killing plants, trees and animals for our own means with little thought to the destruction we are causing. Nature will not tolerate this and will fight back eventually.
This is a summary of life on planet Earth currently. We are now in 2012 when great changes can occur and a golden opportunity to set things right and get on track again in our true God like forms.
We can rectify every negative situation in the world with the right will and intention. We are being helped by many unseen beings in other dimensions and on other planets. Without their help we may not have survived this long.
We need to build communities of light in many rural parts of the globe. These communities of eco-dwellings, powered by the sun and wind, will create great light which will spread across the world sending out healing. People are already gathering together to create these communities.
What we also need is for specific towns and villages (new or existing ones) to devote themselves to being HEALING TOWNS OR VILLAGES
These towns/villages would be run in a very specific way and would only allow people to live there who are dedicated to living a healthy and healing lifestyle.
- Pubs, bars and nightclubs would not exist and alcohol would not be permitted to be sold in any shop or outlet. Cigarettes would also be banned from being sold or smoked anywhere. In place of these would be juice bars, healing bars, raw chocolate bars and healing dance venues. There would be plenty of healing and healthy activities for young people and adults.
- There would be a central large holistic health centre with low cost and subsidised healing and therapeutic activities for everyone. This would also be a venue for meditation, yoga and other such classes, creative healing arts, a spiritual sanctuary, talks, workshops and support for living a healthy lifestyle.
- These towns would have beautiful gardens and lots of trees, plants and greenery in many places. There would be central composting schemes whereby waste vegetable/fruit matter could be collected from homes and used to make community compost. There would be growing schemes whereby fruit and vegetables are grown within the town or on the outskirts specifically for local use and sold at markets and local shops.
- A central large health food store would be created in place of supermarkets. It would also have low cost products and could be a co-operative.
- Wind turbines would be in operation (possibly a wind farm in nearby countryside) and solar run events, shops and cafes.
- There would be vegan and vegetarian cafes and restaurants catering for specialist dietary needs and no meat eating outlets allowed. Therefore shops would not be permitted to sell any form of meat or fish in any form.
- Everyone living in this town/village would need to be totally committed to this way of living and wanting to live a healthy, meat, alcohol and drug free existence.
- There would be no wi-fi, mobile phone or tetra masts.
- Public transport would be greatly encouraged and made easy and low cost.
- People living in these towns and villages would need to contribute as much as they are able from their own funds to make the venture work. Investors would be needed rather than dependence on government.
- Schools would be within an alternative framework giving children more of what they really need. Children would contribute to the running and creation of the school based on their own ideas and needs.
- There would not be a council. Local residents would form their own self governing body which could be a co-operative or similar organisation. A constitution of sorts would be drawn up so it would be completely clear what the ethos of this town/village was. Each town could add its own specific ideas to these central themes.
- A larger body/organisation would provide funds and other support to all of these HEALING TOWNS/VILLAGES when needed.
This is an ideal and it is all possible if enough people wish to live in this way and support such a scheme. It is quite different to how most towns are run now. Alcohol is usually a central theme, pubs being even in the smallest of villages. This needs to change dramatically if we wish to survive as a human race. We have to rethink our whole way of living down to the tiniest detail.
If you have any comments to make on this idea please write in the comment box below as I would be very interested to know others’ views on this concept. Or email me directly on the contact page. Thank-you!